Science & Technology
With a S.T.E.M. focused curriculum, our students use iPads, Chromebooks, and ActivBoards, and are also coding, learning robotics, engineering and performing dissections. Here, they discover the principles of the Faith as well as science.
Our Lab Learner Science Lab for Grades 1-8 allows students to be well-prepared for high school. By the end of their 8th Grade year, your child will have completed dissections and a captsone 8th Grade project in either engineering, rocketry, or robotics. The scientific knowledge instilled at OLOH, gives our Crusaders an edge when they get to high school.
Our students learn through traditional methods and technology. While we teach cursive and use textbooks to ensure our students practice the fine motor skills and critical thinking needed for brain development, they are also coding and using the many 21st century tools at their fingertips:
- Our students learn technology basics, keyboard skills and more on 30 Google Chromebooks in our Media Center
- We have two mobile carts of 2 sets of 30 iPad Minis that travels room-to-room to engage the students in new and varied ways
- Every teacher is equipped with an iPad, the screen of which can be mirrored to the classroom ActivBoards.
- Each classroom is equipped with a projector and Promethean ActivPanels with student and teacher pens
- We utilize Pearson PowerSchool as our student information system (SIS). Using this software parents are able to view their children’s grades online.
- Lessons are supported by BrainPOP’s animated and interactive content
- We stream brief videos from Discovery Education to ignite students’ natural curiosity
- Subscription to World Book Encyclopedia