Our Lady of Hope School has a full-staff Nurse Clinic.
Mrs. Kellner: Monday, Thursdays, Fridays
Mrs. James: Tuesdays & Wednesdays
Absentee Line: 703-433-6762
It’s Cold & Flu Season
As the weather changes (sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly), cold and flu season ramps up. The number 1 way to prevent the spread of a cold or flu virus is to Wash Your Hands. Please emphasize and model good handwashing habits:
Wash your hands before and after every meal/snack.
Wash your hands before leaving the bathroom
Wash your hands after returning home from school/work.
Make sure you are washing your hands for long enough – saying one “Hail Mary” will give the soap and water enough time to do it’s job.
Remember – if your child has a temperature of 100 F or above, they must stay home until 24-hours fever-free, without medication (this includes Tylenol, Motrin or herbal remedies).
- If your child will require any medication* (either daily or for intermittent conditions), please fill out and return the Medication Authorization Form.
- Parents must drop-off/pick-up all medications. Do Not send medications in with your child.
- Any medications left after your assigned pick up day will be disposed of.
- If your child’s health status changes, please fill out a new Health History form. This is especially important if your child develops any allergies or asthmatic conditions.
- All forms are located in the margins of this webpage.
*Medication refers to any substance taken for a condition. This may be prescription, over-the-counter, homeopathic or herbal. All medication must be sent in the original, manufacturer labeled container – it may not be decanted into another bottle, baggie or other container*
We appreciate all that our families and staff do, to help keep the Our Lady of Hope community healthy!
Allison Kellner, E.M.R., T.E.C.C.
- Absent due to Illness
- Absent NOT due to illness (this will decrease the chance that we send you a 3-day Doctor’s Note email!)
- Leaving Early for the Day (or for an appointment)
The Student Attendance & Absentee Protocol can be found here for your reference.
VA School Entrance Health Form – New Students & 7th Graders
Health History Update – All Students (annually in August)