Shelter In Place Donations Needed
Our Lady of Hope Catholic School has an emergency preparedness plan tailored to meet the needs of our school community. This is part of the school health and safety policies that have been previously established. As part of our Shelter in Place, “SIP” procedures established for the 2020-2021 year, we are asking each class to donate items in bulk that will be stored in a designated area to be use in the event we are required to SIP. This is a way for us to provide basic human needs for up to three days and make the building as safe as possible to protect our students and staff until help arrives. In order to maintain proper shelf life for food items at end of the school year non-perishables that we have not consumed will be donated to the parish food drive. Please check expiration dates on all items before purchasing to ensure that it does not expire before the 2020-2021 school year. We cannot use or donate any item that is past its expiration.
- Kindergarten – boxes of saltine crackers
- 1st grade – boxes of saltine crackers
- 2nd grade – cans of 12.5 oz. chicken
- 3rd grade – cans of 12.5 oz. chicken
- 4th grade – packages of fruit cups; flip top preferred
- 5th grade – packages of fruit cups; flip top preferred
- 6th grade – cases of bottled drinking water
- 7th grade – cases of bottled drinking water
- 8th grade – cases of bottled drinking water
We started collecting these items the week of September 21 in the school lobby.