Monday – Thursday 7:30-2:30
Phone number: 703-433-6760 x117
The quiz schedule for next week is as follows:
Tuesday, October 15, 2019: 6th Grade Chapter 4 Grammar Quiz, 5th Grade Chapter 14 Grammar Quiz
Wednesday, October 16, 2019: 7th Grade Chapter 4 Vocabulary Quiz
Thursday, October 17, 2019: 6th Grade Unit 1 Test
Translation and Grammar Resources
- Whitaker’s Words, a database created by Notre Dame University and has both Latin to English and English to Latin http://archives.nd.edu/words.html
- Perseus Tufts, a database created by Tufts University, it has Latin texts that may be useful later on, but also an excellent dictionary database http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper
- Numen, a free website that has a word study tool feature and access to flashcards and other things, you need to register, but it is free to do so. https://latinlexicon.org/index.php
The main website that I would recommend for grammatical resources is the resource page from Dickinson College’s Classics Department. It has grammar books online for those who are interested and it has a list of the most common Latin words that you would find used in real Latin texts. The website is http://dcc.dickinson.edu/resources.
Students may also use Quizlet to study Vocabulary words or grammatical constructions.
There are some good free Latin dictionary apps that are available, here are some examples:
- Latin English Dictionary
- Logeion (I also know for sure that this one is also available for Android phones)
- Protagoras (this one also has Greek, which the students wont need, but you can search Latin to English and English to Latin)