This month we will be going on our class field trip to Great Country Farms on Tuesday, October 15th! If you haven’t done so already, please send me an email and let me know if you will be attending.
VIRTUE OF THE MONTH
Every month our school community focuses on a different virtue. Those who practice fortitude show strength in facing difficult situations, or temptations and practice making wise decisions during the school day.
ALL SAINTS DAY – Friday, November 1st
On Friday, November 1st we will be celebrating All Saints Day as a school! The students will pick a saint to dress up as and create a poster about their saint. We will also have a special party that afternoon.
First Graders must pick their saint by Friday, October 18th! (This will give them ample time to prepare their poster) Please turn in a note or send me an email informing me of what saint your child will be! No more than 3 students can be a particular saint so it is first come first dress. J Their saint poster is due NO LATER THAN MONDAY, OCTOBER 28th. This will count as a Religion grade.
Requirements for All Saints Day
- Children must dress in their costume BEFORE they arrive at school in the morning.
- Their saint costume must be OVER their PE uniform.
- Please send in a bag LABELED with their name so they can put their saint costume into it in the afternoon.
- They must prepare a poster *SIZE (8 ½ X 11) to share with the class on their saint due NO LATER THAN MONDAY, OCTOBER 28th.
FIRST GRADE AMAZON WISH LIST
We have created an Amazon Wish List for each classroom this year which covers items such as craft supplies and other miscellaneous items that seem to pop up each year. Of course, gift cards to Amazon, Michael’s/Joann’s, Oriental Trading, and Staples are always welcome too! Thank you for your support!
Please check out the following link to see how you can help out.
Choose Our Lady of Hope Catholic School for Amazon Smile and continue to support our school with all of your Amazon purchases.
- Please make sure you pack a HEALTHY snack for your child to eat during our snack time!
- Please send in an old t-shirt/art smock for your child to keep in their cubby or backpack for the year!
- Students must have their sweats every Friday for Mass. When Fall/Winter uniforms start they must have them EVERY DAY.
If your student is ill and/or will be absent today please call the school absentee line at 703-433-6762.
Please email your child’s teacher, Mrs. Matzke and the Clinic staff at Nurse@ourladyofhope.net if your child is going to be:
Leave Early for the Day (or for an appointment)
If your child has been seen by a doctor for an injury or health concern, please contact the Clinic Staff.
Vacation/Missed Days: If your student will miss multiple days of school due to vacation or other circumstances, please alsoinclude Mrs. Pittman on the email.
Picking up Missed Work: Please submit all requests before 10 AM. Please email the teacher to ask for missed work to be sent down to the school office (also copy Mrs. Matzke on the email). Teachers do not have access throughout the day to their email.
Books are available to be picked up after 3 PM in the school office.