About Our Lady of Hope Catholic School
Founded in 2005, Our Lady of Hope Catholic School is a fully accredited elementary school in Potomac Falls, VA. We offer a family-centered environment that instills strong Catholic values while teaching STEM. Our faculty and staff are dedicated to building a rich tradition in Catholic education, and our students are challenged to reach their highest potential in an atmosphere of spiritual and intellectual discipline. In 2015, the school was named a National Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education, placing Our Lady of Hope in the top 15% of all public and private schools across the nation for Academic Excellence.
Our mission is to develop young Catholic Christians with a deep, personal commitment to Jesus Christ and His Church, to actively practice and profess that faith through compassion and respect for others, and to find passion for learning in order to achieve their full, God-given potential.
We provide an academically-rigorous, nurturing, and joyful learning environment, using the best of traditional and 21st Century practices, making accommodations for children’s diverse learning needs. Moreover, we integrate the teachings, traditions, virtues, and values of our Catholic faith into the spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical development of all our children.
Thus, with this faith foundation and passion for excellence, our students will be able to make a difference in the world around them, as witnesses for our Lord Jesus Christ.
At Our Lady of Hope your child will be involved in activities rooted in the tenets of the Catholic Faith. Your child will actively participate in daily prayer, weekly Mass, monthly confession, Stations of the Cross during Lent, and First Friday devotions. Moreover, as a student, your child will participate at Friday Mass, serving as cantors, choir members, lectors, ushers and servers. Each month, we highlight a virtue of the month and the children creatively demonstrate an understanding of Jesus’ words on their level. We consider service to be critical to the development of Christian character, so we incorporate community service into their school experience. Our class and extra-curricular offerings provide a complete academic, physical, and creative learning experience for students.
- Honors Math including Algebra I and Geometry
- 8th Grade Robotics Project
- 5th Grade International Day
- Latin (Grades 1-8)
- Children’s Choir (sings at our School Mass each week and has preformed at Wolf Trap and the National Cherry Blossom Festival)
- CYO Basketball, Cross-Country, and Track & Field
- PSA Soccer
- PSA Flag-Football
- All School Christmas Pageant
- Shakespeare Festival
- Family Talent Show
- Student Newspaper
- Student Government
- Morning TV Show
- Safety Patrol
- Book Club
Our students also participate in several activities offered through the Parish such as:
- Cub Scouts
- American Heritage Girls
- Jr. Legion of Mary
We maintain modern facilities with state-of-the-art technology:
- Safe and secure campus monitored by security cameras
- Eleven classrooms plus a library, music and art room
- Lab Learner Science Lab for grades 1 through 8
- Access to World Book Encyclopedia Online
- Computer lab with 30 Google chromebooks
- 2 sets of 30 student iPads for classroom use
- Classrooms are equipped with Promethean ActivBoards
- Gymnasium with full-size basketball court and six basketball hoops
- Stage suitable for semi-professional theater productions
- Health clinic with full-time licensed nurse
- Playground and playing field