CYO & Sports
Our Lady of Hope Catholic School participates in the Northern Virginia Junior Catholic Youth Organization (CYO). The CYO is made up of approximately 40 parishes in the Diocese of Arlington.
- Cross-country (Fall)
- Basketball (Winter)
- Track (Spring)
To learn more, please contact Mrs. Raynelle Araque (listed in the directory).
Open to ALL Boys and Girls Grades K – 8th
(OLOH School or Parish/CCD students)
Developmental League is a great way to get your children introduced to the fundamentals of basketball, for Grades K – 3!!!
Please register at https://reg.sportspilot.com/106534/login (create a Family Account and then register for OLOH Sports Programs)
Registration CLOSES 10/21/17
Season will run from November through February
K/1st Grade Registration Fee: $45
Practices: One practice on Saturday
2nd/3rd Grade Registration Fee: $65
Practices: 2 practices (1 on Saturday and 1 during the week)
Gym Time: Saturdays, 9:00 – 10:00 and 10:00 – 11:00am
Practice times will be finalized after registration, to determine which grades play at 9am and which at 10am.
We need coaches, please consider signing up today.
The Competitive League starts at Grade 4 through 8th.
For 4th grade through 8th: there is nothing more passionate than unbridled excitement of inter-parish rivalries and basketball team camaraderie. Practices are weekday evenings and games are on weekends.
Registration for the 2017-2018 Basketball Season is now open. Please register at https://reg.sportspilot.com/106534/login (create a Family Account and then register for OLOH Sports Programs)
Registration CLOSES 10/21/17
$85 to join a team. Jerseys: $35, shorts(optional): $19
Limited practices will begin end of October/early November. Your child’s coach will contact you with specifics. Practice times are determined by the gym availability and the coach’s availability. They are generally one hour twice a week.
Games begin in December
NVJCYO games are played at various schools throughout the Arlington Diocese. The schedules for games will be made available through NVJCYO once they are determined.
Please see our parish website for all updated registration forms and FAQs: www.ourladyofhope.net.
Our Volunteer Policy
Volunteers who have “substantial contact with children,” at a parish and/or school within the Diocese of Arlington, must correctly complete and clear the required background check forms and complete a required, annual VIRTUS Training (as determined by the Diocesan Office for Child Protection and Safety).
CYO Sports Schedule for the year:
Fall Sports: Cross Country, Tennis, Track & Field
Winter Sports: Basketball, Cheer
Spring Sports: Track & Field, Volleyball
Our Lady of Hope would like to offer Tennis, Cheer, and Volleyball but are in need of volunteers to help coordinate.
If interested in coordinating, coaching or have any questions please contact Raynelle Araque at Raynelle.Araque@yahoo.com.
CYO Fall Track/Cross Country Program
- Anyone enrolled in 3rd through 8th grade school or CCD program at Our Lady of Hope, Saint Theresa, St. John’s of Leesburg, or Christ the Redeemer. Also, those in a recognized home school program who are members of any of the above parishes.
- Other participants are welcome, such as K through 2nd grade, cousins, friends, etc., but these participants are not eligible for the October 11th, October 17th, and November 8th CYO championships. If you would like your K through 2nd grade child to participate, please stay close by throughout the practice or meet.
Cost: $20 per participant, max $30 per family (cash or check payable to “Our Lady of Hope CYO”)
- We offer opportunities to participate in a variety of running distances from 55 Meter sprints to 4000 meter distance runs.
- Field events include shot put, long jump, softball throw, and turbo javelin
- Everyone can find something they enjoy.