CYO & Sports
Our Lady of Hope Catholic School participates in the Northern Virginia Junior Catholic Youth Organization (CYO). The CYO is made up of approximately 40 parishes in the Diocese of Arlington.
- Cross-country (Fall)
- Basketball (Winter)
- Track (Spring)
To learn more, please contact Mrs. Raynelle Araque (listed in the directory).
Open to ALL Boys and Girls Grades 1st – 8th
(OLOH School or Parish/CCD students)
The Developmental Program is a great way to get your children introduced to the
fundamentals of basketball, for Grades 1 – 3 !!!
Season will run from mid-November through February
Gym Time: Saturdays, 9:00 – 10:00 and 10:00 – 11:00am.
Practice times will be finalized after registration, to determine which grades play at 9am and which at 10am)
We need coaches, please consider signing up today.
The Competitive League starts at Grade 4 through 8th.
For 4th grade through 8th: there is nothing more passionate than unbridled excitement of inter-Parish rivalries and basketball team camaraderie. Practices are weekday evenings and games are on weekends.
(Practices will start in mid-October, games start in December)
Please see our Parish Website, for all updated registration forms and FAQ’s: www.ourladyofhope.net.
If you are interested in coaching or have questions, contact CYO Director Raynelle Araque by email at Raynelle.Araque@yahoo.com.
CYO Fall Track/Cross Country Program
- Anyone enrolled in 3rd through 8th Grade school or CCD program at Our Lady of Hope, Saint Theresa, St. Johns of Leesburg, or Christ the Redeemer. Also, those in a recognized home school program who are members of any of the above Parishes.
- Other participants are welcome, such as K through 2nd grade, cousins, friends, etc., but these participants are not eligible for the October 11th, October 17th, and November 8th CYO championships. If you would like your K through 2nd grade child to participate, please stay close by throughout the practice or meet.
Cost: $20 per participant, max $30 per family (cash or check payable to “Our Lady of Hope CYO”)
- We offer opportunities to participate in a variety of running distances from 55 Meter sprints to 4000 meter distance runs.
- Field events include shot put, long jump, softball throw, and turbo javelin
- Everyone can find something they enjoy.