Please email your child’s teacher(s), Mrs. Matzke, and email@example.com if your child is:
- Leaving Early for the Day (or for an appointment)
Please review the Student Attendence & Absentee Protocol found here.
It is Cold and Flu Season –
As the weather turns cold and the snow begins to fall (a bit early this year, but I enjoy a good snowfall), it is time to turn our attention to preventing Cold and Flu.
Parents, you play an important role in keeping all the children (and teachers!) in our school healthy. If you feel your child is ill, please keep them home to rest and recover. If you child has any of the following:
- fever (over 100.0 F)
they should be kept home until they are symptom-free for 24 consecutive hours without medication.
If they present at the clinic with any of the above symptoms, the child will be sent home within 1 hour. (See the Parent Handbook for details: https://ourladyofhopeschool.net/info/forms/)
The most important step anyone can take in preventing illness is good hand-washing habits. Wash your hands anytime you eat, drink, pet an animal, use the bathroom, play outside, are around a person who may be ill, sneeze or cough. Encourage your child to wash their hands frequently. Hand-washing is the best defense we have against infection and disease transmission.
If you or your child has the flu or a cold, take the following steps:
- Stay home while you are sick
- Drink plenty of clear fluids
- Move away from people before coughing or sneezing
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose of it immediately, or sneeze/cough into your inner-elbow.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Disinfect and Sanitize any toys, surfaces, soft objects (stuffed animals, bedding) and other items frequently touched (doorknobs, phones, keyboards).
- Contact your healthcare professional for a diagnosis and treatment.
Here is a useful chart to help determine if it is a Cold, or if it is Flu?
We appreciate all that our families and staff do, to help keep the Our Lady of Hope community healthy. Have a Happy and Healthy 2018.
Clinic updates may be found throughout the school year on this page.