CYO Basketball – Season Starts Soon!
Open to ALL Boys and Girls Grades K – 8th
(OLOH School/ Parish/CCD students)
Developmental Program (Grades K-3rd)
Program designed to teach basketball fundamentals, with a focus on basketball rules, drills, and scrimmages
Season runs from November through February at the OLOH gymnasium.
K/1st Grade Registration Fee: $55 – Saturdays 9-10am
2nd/3rd Grade Registration Fee: $75 – Saturdays 10-11am and Mondays 5:30-6:30pm
CYO Competitive League (Grades 3rd-8th)
3rd – 8th grade players will experience the excitement of inter-Parish rivalries and team camaraderie
Practices start early November, with games from December to February.
3rd- 8th Grade Registration Fee: $85
New Uniform Fee: $60 (Jersey $36 + Shorts $24)
Practice 2x/week, weekend games at OLOH and/or other parishes in the Arlington Diocese
REGISTRATION LINK – Deadline is 10/22/2021!
Please see additional season information, such as diocesan rules for handling Covid-19
Coaches Needed – Our basketball program consists of amazing people willing to volunteer their time and talent to make an impact on our children’s lives. If interested, please email CYO Director Raynelle Araque, Raynelle.Araque@yahoo.com.
The safety of our athletes is our highest priority. We will continue to update parents as news and developments occur.
As noted by the Arlington Diocese, OLOH and other parishes will need to follow guidelines established by the CDC and local governments to proceed with our CYO basketball season.
- There are many factors, such as gym space, that may limit the number of teams. By the end of October, the diocese will be able to determine if all teams will be able to play. Registration does not guarantee a spot on a team.
- 2. Because all games are played in schools, state law requires everyone 2 years and older, regardless of vaccination status, to wear a mask over nose and mouth while in the school building. Anyone who cannot adhere to this state rule should not register their child. Athletes and referees do not have to wear a mask while exercising (baring any specific team requirements). Athletes must wear a mask when not exercising (when sitting on the bench, when entering and leaving the building, etc.) Please note that coaches, assistant coaches, and all adult leaders must also wear a mask over nose and mouth while in the school building at all times.
- The goal is to provide each team at least 5 games. There will be no make-up games.
- The first games will start on 12/4/21. Some teams may start on subsequent weekends.
- Playing time may be less if teams are larger.
- Games may be shorter and rules may be amended, depending on the number of teams.
- Driving distances may be increased based on gym availability.
- There will be no end of season tournaments, except possibly 8th grade (TBD). This will allow the diocese to extend the regular season and consequently offer the opportunity for more teams.
- There will be no trophies for regular season play or for the tournament.
- Patience is key!
- If health conditions change, adaptations may be made.